5, 4, 3, 2, 1…Happy New Year (throws confetti)!! Bringing in this New Year may have looked very different from the past. Gone are the days of partying and hanging out and here, for a while, are the days of mask-wearing and social distancing. For many, it seemed like goal-setting was a waste of time last year because, well, COVID completely interrupted our plans.
Some people, frankly, just tried to get out of 2020 alive and I understand that. But many thrived. So how can you set pandemic-proof goals? Let’s discuss The Top Ways You Can Create Pandemic-Proof Goals This Year.
Set your priorities
- Goals are very powerful. Most importantly, they provide us with a target. What’s the likelihood of accidentally accomplishing something that makes your life much better? Great accomplishments require intention. Having intention keeps your mind sharp and searching for solutions.
- As with any goal setting, you must have priorities. Take the time to think about what you want to achieve and why.
- Just as it is recommended that you have multiple streams of income, you should have multiple streams of goals. By this, I mean if anything happens outside of the control that completely deters you from reaching one goal, you should have another goal lined up that can thrive perfectly no matter the conditions.
- Don’t be closed-minded when it comes to adding a bit of variety to your goals.
Learn To Pivot
- A highly desirable and meaningful goal is unlikely to be reached quickly and easily. Expect a few bumps along the way.
- Keep a positive attitude and simply assess the situation when things don’t go the way you had hoped. Change your approach and try again. Pivoting is critical in making your goals a reality.
- Using this process to move closer and closer to your goal, regardless of the circumstances, how could you not be successful?
Don’t Set An Unreasonable Timeline
- Things always seem to take longer than we expect. This is especially true during times like these. Try to be realistic and set a deadline that’s reasonable and takes into account a few challenges along the way.
- By not giving yourself enough time, you’re risking the possibility that you’ll feel discouraged when you don’t complete your goal on time.
Don’t Stop Moving Forward
- No matter the setback, it is imperative that you never stop moving forward. If you can’t have a live conference, plan for a virtual one or take all the steps to do it live once it’s safe to do so.
- Consider other options and don’t be afraid to move forward. Never give up.
A goal is a gateway to a happier life. But setting effective goals takes practice, and during these times, it’s important to pandemic-proof your goals. Much success this year and beyond!
Thank you for reading this blog post #MedicalMoguls. If you want to chat with me 1-on-1, schedule a FREE appointment here www.MedicalMoguls.com/Freedom. Until next time, it’s Dr. Drai.