Every entrepreneur seems to have a secret to their success. For some, it’s an ability to think outside of the box and take risks. For others, it’s staying humble, even when faced with huge success. While every entrepreneur is different, you’ll notice that there are also some things that they seem to share.
For instance, talk to almost any successful business owner and they’ll tell you that a good morning routine is the key to unlocking endless opportunities.
Want to spend your mornings like an entrepreneur? Here are some helpful tips:
1. Wake up early. While you don’t have to be an early bird to get the worm in business, it often helps. Try going to bed a little earlier than usual and waking up early too. You may find that you are more productive.
2. Be prepared. How long do you spend each morning just trying to work out which tasks you should be tackling first? Figuring out a schedule can take a lot of crucial time for productivity out of your routine. That’s why it’s so helpful to plan ahead.
• At the end of each workday, set ten minutes aside to make a list of the things you need to do first the next day.
• This way, you can start your morning with a focus on what you need to get done and avoid anything that might put you on a path of procrastination.
3. Exercise. Exercise can do incredible things for the body and mind. A few minutes of sweating before work can also help you to clear your mind for the day ahead and reduce stress.
• If you’re wondering how to use that extra thirty minutes you’ve added to your morning each day, a mini-workout could be just the thing.
• Follow up with a healthy breakfast to nourish your mind, kickstart your metabolism, and give you the energy you need to handle the day.
4. Do the toughest job first. Trying to plan your day to facilitate success? Start with the toughest task first. The idea of “eating the frog” comes from Mark Twain, and it means that you handle the thing you least want to do first.
• If you overcome your biggest challenge first, then everything else you do will feel easier by comparison.
• Plus, tackling and accomplishing a challenge first thing is a great way to motivate yourself.
5. Eliminate distractions. If you’re going to seize the day like a successful entrepreneur, it’s important to avoid distractions. That means not constantly checking your emails and social media on the way to work.
• Starting the day with a heavy focus on your social media and phone alerts means you’re more likely to get easily distracted throughout the remainder of your day too.
• To start the day in a more helpful way, why not try an activity that relaxes you?
6. Illuminate the possibilities. Finally, if you’re struggling to start the day on the right note, brighten things up again. Turning on multiple lights around the home and opening your curtains will actively wake you up. It’s the best way to tell the brain that the day has started.
• Natural light tells your body to stop producing melatonin – the hormone you need for sleep.
• Get outside and breathe in some fresh air if you can. Natural light and a fresh dose of the great outdoors will put you in a great mood for work.
• If you can’t quite make it outside, don’t panic. Brightening your indoors will help too.
Find Your Routine
These are just some examples of how to spend your morning like a successful entrepreneur. Remember that you can always put your spin on these suggestions. Find out what works for you and add some rituals of your own.
Once you find what works for you, stick to it!
Thank you for reading this blog post #MedicalMoguls. If you want to chat with me 1-on-1, schedule a FREE appointment here www.MedicalMoguls.com/Freedom. Until next time, it’s Dr. Drai.