The whole world doesn’t need to know who you are to be highly successful. You only need the right people to know who you are.
For example, if you’re a real estate broker, you want the people in your area to know who you are. If you own a company that provides web links, you want all of the SEO business owners to know your name.
Luckily, being “famous” on a small scale is easier than you think! Follow these tips to ensure that the right people know who you are:
1. Specialize. It’s easier to become well-known if you’re extremely good at something. It’s easier to be extremely good at something specific. Niching down helps with this.
2. Identify your target audience. Who are you trying to serve? What does your ideal customer look like? Develop a composite of the people that you want to know you. Are they a certain age? Male, female, or both? What income level do they have? What profession are they in? What hobbies do they have?
● Be as detailed as necessary, but not more detailed than necessary. It’s important to know who you’re trying to reach.
● Avoid wasting your time with those who aren’t in your niche.
3. Rise above the noise. What does your audience need? What is the common problem they all have? Center your message around this need and your ability to solve it.
● Noise is simply non-meaningful messaging. Be meaningful to your audience.
4. Become an authority. When people want to solve a problem, they want an expert. But how does the average person spot an expert? They aren’t experts themselves, or they wouldn’t need you. Consider these ideas to be looked at as the expert:
● Put content in front of ready-made audiences. There are others who already have the attention of those you want to reach. Write a guest post for a blog. Be a guest on a podcast.
● Teach an online class. Create a class and put it on one of the several websites that specialize in that sort of thing, such as Udemy.com. Everyone will assume you’re an expert if you’re teaching a course that you created.
● Put content on social media and your website regularly. It’s important to be consistent with your postings, so stick to a schedule.
● Use linkedin.com. Keep your profile up to date and use all the features that are supplied on that platform to post content.
● Write a book. It’s not as daunting as it seems. It only takes a few pages a day to write a book in six weeks. There’s no expense for creating a Kindle book. It’s hard to find a respected expert that hasn’t written a book.
5. Make friends with well-known experts in your fields. You can become famous by association. Interview these experts. Contribute a guest post to their website. Ask them to write the introduction to your book.
Being famous has its advantages. This is especially true within your niche. The world within your niche is quite small, so it’s not nearly as challenging to be famous within your niche as it is to be famous in general.
A little fame can go a long way toward building your career or business. You don’t have to be a household name. Just a little fame will do.
Thank you for reading this blog post #MedicalMoguls. If you want to chat with me 1-on-1, schedule a FREE appointment here MedicalMoguls.com/Freedom. Until next time, it’s Dr. Drai.