Hello #MedicalMoguls! It’s Dr. Drai, your chief medical mogul. Let me intro myself. I help doctors who are stuck, stressed-out, and overwhelmed build profitable businesses based off of their purpose so they can maximize their revenue in half the time. Doctors it’s time for you to live in your purpose, create more profit, and have the time freedom that you deserve. Let’s talk about making your dreams a reality.
Every doctor has a dream – many dreams actually – but few believe that they can actually achieve them. Nevertheless, some doctors achieve their dreams while others live lives of regret. Some doctors are inspired and follow through, while others delay or give up entirely on their dreams in exchange for whatever excuses they comfort themselves with.
What are the factors that make that difference between the doctor who achieves and the one who regrets?
Here are three simple steps you can take to help you live the life of your dreams:
1. Motivation. Every doctor has their own motivations for their dreams. Consider what motivates you towards your goal. It could be financial freedom, more free time, or a second home in the Caribbean. Whatever it is, remind yourself of it on a daily basis.
For example, having pictures of your dream Caribbean home hung on the fridge or in your work space will remind you of your dream and refresh your mind with motivation.
* When you suffer inevitable setbacks or frustration, a visible reminder of your dream will help motivate you to do what is necessary to get back on track toward your goal.
It is also important to give yourself rewards along the way. Rewarding yourself after making a breakthrough, such as acquiring a new client, learning a new business strategy, or sharing a smile with your life partner, is absolutely necessary to effectively following through on your path to success.
Treat yourself to a nice dinner, take the day off for a game of golf, or reward yourself with something else you like. Your reward will give you a refreshing break from the trials and tribulations on your path to success and bring you new energy to continue working toward your goal.
* Giving yourself a reward here and there along the way will reinvigorate your motivation with its positive result.
2. Planning. Although developing a systematic plan may seem obvious if you want to achieve your goals, many doctors overlook or downplay this process and then wonder why they aren’t moving forward toward their goal. Be sure to take the time to plan your path for greater success!
* Once you have a broad plan to reaching your goal, you must fine-tune all the details. Put it down on paper, even if it’s an emotional or psychological life goal, and determine the steps necessary to make that goal a reality.
* Put a time frame on it. Put all excuses aside with a finite deadline for each step.
* Be realistic of your own competencies.
Creating a realistic step-by-step plan with a deadline will bring your dream to life. Setting definable little goals to achieve on the way to your desired large goal will enable you to follow your plan through to success.
3. Action. Lastly, no dream or goal can be achieved without action. If you’ve developed your plan as recommended, you will see that there are a number of little steps you must take on a daily or intermittent basis that will further you on your path to your ultimate goal.
* Your little steps give you the map to your treasure. Take action to follow your map. Each step you complete brings you closer to your goal.
* Evaluate your actions and revise your map as necessary. If a plan falls through, then be adaptable to change it until you find yourself back on the path to success.
Motivation, planning and action will enable you to create and live the life you’ve always wanted. It may take some time, but following these steps will guide you to success. Thanks for visiting #MedicalMoguls. Until next time… It’s Dr. Drai.