As your business begins to grow, your team will grow as well. We all know that leading a team can be hard work! There are so many variables that can make the role of team leader a challenge.
It’s easy to get discouraged when you see that your team isn’t displaying the skills and strengths you thought they had. You’ll probably even spend some time wondering if you picked the right people.
However, before you make any drastic decisions, you owe it to yourself and your team to assess the effectiveness of your role. Are you being the best team leader you can be?
Perhaps a new approach could drastically change your team’s results!
A key concept that many team leaders miss is that you have to be ready to be the team! You have to be willing to be the example you want your team to follow. There’s no doubt you know what you want from the team members – now it’s time to show them. Display these concepts to lead your team to the top:
1. Willingness to involve them
- The first thing your workforce looks for is how inclined you are to include them in matters related to the operation of the business.
- Team members like to know that their input is appreciated. It encourages them to embrace the idea of being part of the team.
2. Abide by your rules
- Another signal that team members pay keen attention to is whether you spit out directives but follow your agenda when it comes to compliance with rules.
- If you want and expect compliance in specific areas from the team, you must be prepared to comply as well.
- Whether the team you’re leading is a football team, company department, or an entire organization, your team will rely on you to show how loyal you are to the cause.
- If you’re not in agreement with every policy that’s in place, it’s important to avoid expressing your disagreement in the presence of your workforce.
- Keep leadership discussions among leaders.
- Maintain a positive outlook on the organization even if you’re not necessarily happy with your circumstances.
4. Recognition of contribution
- There is nothing team members like better than being recognized for their contribution to the success of the team. Giving your team members sincere compliments by saying things like “Good work” or “You did it” will show them that you truly value their efforts.
- When they see that they are valued, your team members will step up their efforts to do an excellent job.
- By making each member feel important, you’ll have everyone on the team performing at a higher level, resulting in greater success for your team.
5. Value their point of view
- One of the best ways to get the kind of results you want from your team is to get down to their level. Have consideration for their perspective and the things that make them tick.
- The sooner you embrace their viewpoint and show that it’s a welcome part of the organization, the sooner you’ll be able to build an effective workforce.
Use these strategies to inspire your team. They’ll be motivated to work harder to garner the success and accolades you seek as a top-notch team.
Thank you for reading this blog post #MedicalMoguls. If you want to chat with me 1-on-1, schedule a FREE appointment here www.MedicalMoguls.com/Freedom. Until next time, it’s Dr. Drai.