Good morning #MedicalMoguls! It’s Dr. Drai. TODAY let’s discuss making money as a speaker.
One of the best features of having a career in professional speaking is that you can benefit from multiple streams of income. You don’t only have to rely on your paid public speaking career to bring in the cash. You can sell other products and services. You can work in other areas that require using professional speakers. The key is to leverage your skills and talent to produce an ongoing stream of income that can withstand the drought seasons in your public speaking career.
1. Sell your knowledge via books and articles. You can self-publish for maximum profit or you can seek out a publisher and get paid royalties. Your articles can be highly sought after by trade publications especially if you are a well-noted person in the industry.
2. Sell your knowledge via a training system package. Create a training system using CDs, DVDs, a training manual and any other parts that you’ll need. Package the system and sell it for a profit.
3. Get sponsored by a company. Get other companies to sponsor your speaking fee for being mentioned in your presentation. Sort of like advertising, this partnerships has ongoing, long-term benefits for every speaker that makes use of them.
4. Get paid as a speaker. As simplistic as this sounds, at some point in your career, you’ve got to get out and make an attempt to get higher paying gigs. Don’t lose the “free” aspect of your career because they do go a long way. The more famous you get, doing good Samaritan efforts such as speaking for free make great news items for press releases.
5. Get paid as a speaker through speaker bureaus. Speaker bureaus help to connect speaker with meeting planners. Get listed with these bureaus to help promote your professional speaking career.
6. Get paid for the use of your “voice”. Do voice overs or recorded speeches or advertisements as a source of income.
7. Get paid for telephone seminars. Many people are doing live webinars or telephone seminars in their businesses. Make contacts with people in the businesses that do them. It’s the same thing as doing a speech except that it’s on the telephone.
8. Get paid by creating a paying podcast. Podcasting is a new form of media that is quickly gaining popularity. Podcasting is like hosting your own speech online in an MP3 file so your audience can listen over and over again.
9. Work for training companies.
10. Get paid via your website. Add complementary affiliate programs as well as Google AdSense to your website or blog.
All of these sources of income represent ways to spread the word about your professional marketing career. Additionally, they also can represent ways that bring in income when your career isn’t where you want it to be. You can start adding these sources one by one to your revenue stream. You’ll see first hand the benefits that each one has as well as what works for your business and what doesn’t.
THANK YOU for reading this blog post #MedicalMoguls. If you want to chat with me 1-on-1, schedule a FREE appointment here www.MedicalMoguls.com/Freedom. Until next time. It’s Dr. Drai. #PurposeProfitFreedom #MomentumInMedicine #MonetizeYourMedicalDegree